Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Senior Information Architect
Term: 6 months w/potential conversion
The Senior Information Architect is responsible for the overall design of the data and information management architecture which describes, through a set of information and regulatory requirements, principles and models to achieve effective enterprise reporting and analytics leading to data-driven knowledge. The purpose of the Information Architect is to facilitate the flexible sharing and secure exchange of Enterprise data. Responsible for developing the information data management and delivery strategy, including; defining the data movement between domains that enable optimal performance, stability, and extensibility; mapping and administration of all data sources and movement; associated analysis to ensure data quality and appropriate access; and analyze information flow to recommend appropriate technology and data structures to support consumption ultimately improving the organizations understanding of the business and patient/population health.
- Lead the development of the requirements, principles and models for the future-state Information Architecture. Identify the gaps between current-state and future-state and develop plans for moving toward the future state. Develop an Information Data Management and Delivery Strategy that allows data to be easily mined for research and reporting. Create a three year roadmap to move toward future state.
- Champion efforts to improve business performance through Information Architecture solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, clinical and business intelligence, content management, data integration, Source of Truth (SOT), Enterprise Index (EI) and related information management or information infrastructure components.
- Lead efforts to redesign or modify the Information Architect as part of business improvement initiatives. Coordinate with IT leadership, Project Management Office, Business Relationship Management, Informatics, and Operational leadership, on all projects regarding enterprise data. Identify opportunities to generate revenue, improve business performance and improve quality care through the use of internal or external information content and context. Help the business create the supporting cost-benefit-analysis (CBA) to define end-to-end deliverables required to achieve the desired business outcomes. Help define and support the funding needs for new projects and programs.
- Facilitate the development of a corporate data policy or information management strategy that outlines the appropriate data ownership, stewardship and audit requirements, as well as service-level agreements, that must be established and maintained to guide the appropriate use of information in clinical, business and IT processes.
- Lead the development and evolution of the Enterprise Reference Architecture and the Information Architecture. Manage various data association problems such as system configuration and integration on multiple platforms. Communicate, educate and ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the re-use of data as well creating and managing meta-data and business rules for the use of data. Establish guiding principles and a reusable methodology for managing information architecture deliverables.
- Lead the data strategies for reporting, analytics and business analysis. Prepare conceptual and logical subject area models and implementation-level details that affect the continuum of disciplines involved in the architecture, design, implementation and management of enterprise information. Monitor system processing to identify areas of burden and optimization methods to reduce cost.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as privacy requirements), compliance-related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) and emerging industry standards to determine their impact on Information Architecture. Ensure data quality by putting governance procedures in place.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of IT experience, with at least four years in information system design
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions
- Deep logical and physical data modeling experience using the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology.
- Applied experience and expertise in data architecture concepts (e.g. model management, meta-data management, data governance).
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Experience developing a data strategy and working within and influencing the associated policies.