Location: Richardson, TX; Chicago, IL
Job Type: Permanent
This position is responsible for designing enhancements and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements; serving as technical designer to identify best solution and resulting technical specifications within limits of code environment; linking Business Analyst needs and Architect definition to technical solutions. Additional responsibilities include production support and customer incident support.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of application development experience with ServiceNow Certification and extensive knowledge of agile development practices.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively under high pressure situations and/or against deadlines
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Results-oriented, continuous improvement mindset.
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to support Incident Response (gathering evidence from logs, etc.).
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform.
- 3+ years of IT application system experience in technology solution delivery
- 2+ years of experience with platform customization in relevant delivery platforms
- 2+ years of experience with custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation
- Experience in designing or using micro-services and API-based architectures at scale
- Experience working with Internal and External Customers
- Experience with Healthcare Transactions – HIPAA, X12, HL7, or similar preferred
- Familiarity with various data structure types – XML, JSON, Delimited, Fixed Length (PFF), etc. a plus.
- Understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices a plus.
- API design, Cloud/Hybrid technologies and concepts, event driven architecture a plus,
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment a plus.