Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Business Project Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC, Chandler, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, Des Moines, IA
Term: 6 months with strong chance for extension or possible conversion
- Lead complex initiatives managing all activities in a project life-cycle such as initiation, planning, executing, controlling, and closing associated with projects that are long-term, line of business wide and medium to high risk, scope and complexity with broad impact.
- Act as key participant in project plans and budgets for change management.
- Review and initiate complex multi-business and enterprise support operations, organizational systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensure full understanding of project impacts that translate into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Make decisions in end to end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end while developing and implementing program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics.
- Demonstrate understanding of policy, methodology and artifact creation that influence and lead change management to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with executive leadership, stakeholders, project leads, executive leadership, sponsors and business partners to clarify and define project requirements.
- Manage a team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Supporting internal business initiatives. Should have a working knowledge of technology fundamentals and know tools like Clarity, JIRA, JIRA Align or Confluence but not required.
- Requires experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies because the projects will be Hybrid.
- Business PM with several years of Project Manager experience. This Business PM may support several projects. The project team designs typically include 1-4 PM-type resources, several LOB resources and then a host of horizontal functions (e.g., Control, Compliance, Risk, Legal, etc.).
- Strong communication, ability to engage with senior leaders, and Agile experience is required.
- Project and Program Management experience in the Financial industry is preferred.
- Must be adaptable to change in direction and a strategic thinker who can recommend approaches and solutions
- Business Acumen, Consulting Skills, and proven proficiency in Relationship Building is a must.
- Candidate should be extremely adaptable and have the ability to manage multiple highly complex projects.
- Attention to detail and an ability to convey relevant information at summary and detailed levels is a key factor to success in this role.
- Requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, and other departments involved.
- Project reporting, governance and transparency is very essential, and must be demonstrated through previous projects and success.
- Ability to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to timelines, milestone events and within budget.
- Ability to help define project objectives, scope and requirements, and ensure high levels of development and project execution throughout its lifecycle.
- Creates and delivers presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress report