Are you an experienced Business Intelligence engineer who is passionate about consulting with all levels of internal stakeholders? Are you incredible with the following technologies: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, AWS, Python, Data Modeling & Data Warehousing, and most importantly, thrive in a team environment? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates to impact positive change? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Location: 100% REMOTE
TITLE: Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
You will consult with internal business stakeholders of all levels, provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs by turning data into actionable information leveraging AI - Machine learning.
- Architecting scalable data pipelines across on-premise and cloud data repositories
- Create data flow diagrams, and document source to target mapping
- Utilizing their business acumen, analytical mindset, and strong communication/people skills to extract business requirements and translating them into actionable tasks
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning, aggregations etc.
- Create user-facing dashboards that provide key insights at a glance for its specific audience
- Recognize and adopt best practices and cost effective solutions in developing analytical insights on-prem and in the cloud
- Provide guidance and mentor junior team members
- Keep current with Business Intelligence data trends and technological innovations
- Execute on POC’s with new technologies, drive innovation, and new ideas
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Skills ranked in order of importance: 5-7+ years of experience (BOLD are REQUIRED)
- SQL Server
- SQL, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular)
- AWS (Athena or Redshift) – if only utilized AWS for storage – it will not be enough experience
- Data Modeling / Data Warehousing
- 7+ years of direct experience using databases, including Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing with SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), PowerBI, C#
- You are very comfortable using AWS and its associated array of offerings (Glue, Redshift, Athena, S3, Spectrum, etc.)
- You have deep expertise in python
- You have collaborated with a development team with established source control (git).
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling (star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions)
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to business problems
- 4 Year College Degree from an accredited university in one of the following: Computer Science Information Systems, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
You would be a great fit if:
- You love a challenge and problem solving
- Enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- You are extremely articulate and concise
- You are proactive and resourceful with a drive to match
- You have an intrinsic curiosity for tinkering with data products
- You recognize the importance of data storytelling
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are hardworking and have a strong work ethic
- You are a quick learner and able to apply new technologies to business problems