Large Fortune 500 supply chain company is seeking a Junior SQL Support Analyst (it is okay if a New College Graduate) to work from home 100% other than traveling 30% to client sites throughout the U.S. There are 2 open positions. Selected candidates will start work in October, 2022.
This supply chain company has a IT Solutions division that provides 3rd party logistics (3PL) software installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for multiple large clients throughout the U.S. The 3PL software is out of the box, so there are customizations and tuning required to fit the needs of the end client. 3PL software solutions are provided to other companies with large warehouses and distribution centers.
In this role, the Junior SQL Support Analyst (it is okay if a New College Graduate) will use SQL to tune 3rd party software for large business-to-business customers. The SQL tuning of the software has proven to increase performance by as much as 87%. Also, will set up alerts, indexes, and provide database support during all phases of the project. Will travel to client sites to learn about the business and operations software users and work with the team to deliver timely and effective solutions, that meet the clients' needs and promote more efficient and optimal usage of the 3rd party software.
- Analyzing and monitoring production application environments with the purpose of continuous improvement of operational performance and efficiency.
- Provide world-class support to this company's operations teams, focusing on maintaining application environment stability, training and on-site support when applicable.
- Responsible for the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of level three technical incidents while adhering to departmental procedures.
- Partner with the Infrastructure and Application teams to ensure issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Facilitate technical meetings to drive the resolution of issues and determine root cause.
- New College Graduate and up to 1 years+ in IT, preferably in transportation and logistics
- Strong customer service with ability to provide onsite/remote technical support
- 1 year+ in SQL or PL/SQL to create, select, execute and delete statements
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with warehouse management (WMS) and/or transportation management systems (TMS) is preferred.
- Experience with warehouse operations is preferred
- Manhattan SCALE experience is a big plus
- If a new college graduate, degree should be in either IT or supply chain and need to have proficiency with using SQL.