Privately held and forward-thinking travel company seeking a SQL Server Database Developer for their growing team based in Duluth, GA. Day-to-day responsibilities will include SQL Server database development (tables, stored procedures, indexes, views, etc..), SSIS, ETL development, database performance analysis and optimization, ad-hoc business requested data extractions, and more. This position will be a hybrid role with some onsite required in our Duluth office.
The ideal experience includes a solid mix of the following skills:
- Intermediate to strong understanding of the MS SQL Server environment (5+ years of experience)
- Solid T-SQL skills
- Ability to create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Experience with aggregating large data sets, specifically within a data warehouse environment.
- Intermediate to strong understanding of execution plans and plan caching.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including a proactive disposition towards identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Familiar with report development paradigms.
- Ability to complete development projects on time without day to day oversight of the task by the project leads.
- Must be able to review and optimize large pieces of SQL code.
- Must be able to work well within a skilled development team. Able to provide and receive peer review.
- Familiar with MS SQL best practices involved with OLTP and data warehouse (OLAP) environments.
- SSAS and PowerBI experience is a bonus.
- Experience with predictive analytics development using Python or R in SQL Server is a bonus.
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2019)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SSMS/Visual Studio/SSDT (any versions)
- Redgate toolset (SQLPrompt, SQLSearch, SQL Source Control, etc.)
- EXCELLENT communication skills
The benefits include full suite of medical, dental, retirement savings, robust PTO, remote work options, travel discounts (hotel, airfare, etc..) and much more!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.