Very large 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) company and transportation management leader, is hiring a SQL Programmer Analyst for a 6-12 month contract role to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve some issues within the database and data coming from multiple sources to the Transportation Management Systems (TMS). Will work 100% remote for the entire length of this fulltime contract engagement (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, somewhat flexible). Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to do deep analysis and troubleshooting.
As the SQL Programmer Analyst on this team, you will troubleshoot and resolve issues within Transportation Management Systems (Freight) and applications. You will be supporting and identifying root cause analysis and resolution of two separate issues regarding customer visibility to GPS pings and Geotab messages within a large transportation management system (TMS). These solutions utilize multiple systems so it is important this person can follow the data through the systems, start to finish in chronological order and pinpoint where the issues or gaps are occurring within the system causing the loss of GPS visibility of freight moving across the country.
- Must have the ability to work within Multiple applications.
- Must have very strong SQL and SSIS experience to look up the output data as well as ability to read procedural language.
- Data Collection and Analysis across multiple interfaces.
- Experience working with the following Data Sources:
- Interface files
- Process Flow Diagrams (Visio)
- Able to understand business process
- Read and understand T-SQL
- Write SQL queries to provide to report builders
- Power BI Experience
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Read and Understand JSON formatting
- Read and understand XML
- Azure Exposure
- Strong Data Analysis skill set
- Strong Troubleshooting skill set
- Report Writing
- Effective communication both internal and external
- Ability to Identify where gaps are and why data feeds are failing
- Good understanding of the Transportation Management (Freight) Industry
- Transportation / GPS Coordinates
- Freight Verify / GEO Tab Messages
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.