Global Houston-based Oil and Gas company is seeking a strong Senior SQL Data Analyst for a long-term consulting assignment (1 year+) working 3 days/week at their large campus in Houston, TX, and 2 days remotely. The mission of this team is to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory program for the company. The GHG Program serves to collect and report all mandatory regulatory data required by EPA 40 CFR 98, as well as the company's internal inventory and reporting program.
There will be a heavy focus in this role of troubleshooting Stored Procedures, troubleshooting what's in the live system, mapping database processes and improving them, writing SQL queries. This team really needs to hire a SQL expert, who has some exposure to SQL on Azure, as well an upstream oil and gas background which would help greatly in coming up to speed with the data and projects.
- Enhancing the adaptive company-wide GHG database and GHG emissions calculation system that meets federal and company requirements, and that utilizes existing and future company electronic data systems to collect the data, where possible.
- Enhancing data collection procedures for fixed surface and downhole equipment, production data, and emission events that serve as source data for the GHG system.
- Tracking operational developments and changes to existing assets, new assets, new production, new construction, and acquisitions, as they impact the GHG inventory.
- Enhancing procedures and QA methodologies that document and define the GHG program requirements, including:
- Regulatory and company Reporting Requirements (EPI).
- Data collection methodologies.
- Data source documentation.
- Recordkeeping Requirements.
- GHG reporting schedules.
- System changes and updates.
- Preparing and implementing GHG related training programs.
- Calculating and summarizing GHG emissions in accordance with the Federal reporting rule and internal needs.
- Interfacing (routinely) with Division mgt. and personnel to achieve program objectives.
- Work closely with Product and Operations teams and support their analysis and data needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years SQL experience
- BS in statistics, engineering computer science, other technical related field
- Experience/ Familiarity with Oil & Gas data management
- Experience writing TSQL, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience with Azure SQL Database
- Advanced SQL skills:
- Maintaining/developing SQL queries and/or reorganizing data in various formats for routine reporting as well as ad-hoc requests
- Implementing SQL updates as source systems change through cross-functional collaboration
- Querying and integrating data from various sources via SSIS
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Oil and Gas production, onshore unconventional upstream
- Experience/ Familiarity with Procount, SiteView, WellView databases.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience designing reports and dashboards in Spotfire; Tableau or equivalent BI product is a must