Large Oil and Gas company based in Houston, TX (Westside) is hiring a Spotfire Data Analyst for a 1 year+ contract assignment. Will work onsite at the headquarters building in Houston, TX from Monday-Thursday with remote on Friday. After the initial training period, can increase to one more remote day each week. The onsite/remote hybrid schedule will be 2 days remote and 3 days onsite each week.
In this role, you will be supporting a team of 6 people. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of Data Analysis with Spotfire experience. Must have experience with Spotfire.
As the Spotfire Data Analyst in this role, you will be supporting a special project team. The project team is responsible for collecting, agency reporting and analysis of environmental data for 15 upstream oil & gas production facilities. The Spotfire Data Analyst will also be responsible for implementing KPIs and tools for collecting, agency reporting and analysis of environmental data for approximately 170 upstream oil & gas production facilities.
You will report to the Environmental Supervisor with the following responsibilities:
- Build and maintain data analysis tools in Spotfire or other approved tool
- Report data in the format required by the agency
- Analyze the data to promote improvement in the data or performance
- Develop tracking mechanisms for and maintain KPIs
- Provide periodic reports to internal customers.
- Ability to understand valuable trends available in data
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with project management
- Solid Data analysis experience (5-7 years)
- Spotfire experience (2-3 years)
- Ability to pull from data trends and opportunities for improvements
- Excellent communication skills
- Good data presentation skills – being able to present data so that others can understand
- MS Suite experience (Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Environmental experience is preferred
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.