Contract Opportunity: 9-months
We have built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 60 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto economy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our Special Investigations Team prides itself on being on the front lines of the financial revolution, protecting us from emerging novel threats. On the Special Investigations team, the data-focused investigator will take on high-risk escalations and proactive research into potential threat actors. The role will also include writing queries and scripts to automate future identification. The investigator will help support high risk urgent cases, special projects, and refine and automate new and existing tools.
A defining trait of any successful investigator is inquisitiveness - someone who questions premises and never takes things at face value, while always fact-checking their own intuition. Ideally, the data-focused investigator should be a crypto-forward individual with a drive to see beyond the curve, strong knowledge of various networking protocols, programming languages, and an artful touch of OSINT expertise.
- Handle high-risk escalations to discover findings beyond initial flags;
- Create and maintain illicit activity detection dashboards;
- Write scripts to automate the boring, rote work of manually running queries / scrapers and extracting data;
- Create new investigative techniques and teach them to the Investigations Team;
- Master evolving investigative tools for blockchain analytics, identity research, data extraction and analysis;
- Remain current with industry developments including blockchain trends, network protocols, actors scene, and applicable regulation;
- Conduct proactive research, including ad hoc due diligence;
- Study threat actors, their environments and modus operandi;
- Provide feedback to improve investigative tools and compliance controls;
- Respond to assistance requests from fellow Investigators;
- Handle highly sensitive cases with respective urgency and discretion;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- A well-organized self-starter who is able to constantly learn and work autonomously;
- Python (particularly the numpy, pandas libs, among others) and other languages;
- Solid SQL skills;
- Working Excel / Google Sheets skills (Vlookups, pivots, filters, etc.);
- Data analytics experience;
- Working knowledge of blockchains and various network protocols;
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an analyst function (e.g. data analytics, etc.)
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher;
- Working knowledge of either: Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, French;
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platform;
- Working knowledge of banking, money service business and regulations including BSA, Patriot Act, Treasury’s AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, as well as SARs.
- OSINT expertise and investigative mindset;
- Experience in conducting OSINT / cryptocurrency investigations;
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication prowess;
- Blockchain analytics skills;
- Experience in the cryptocurrency industry is a plus.
If this sounds like a fit for you, apply today!