Long term contract in Plano, TX for a Solutions Architect. Will be working onsite. Will be responsible for implementing software architectures that are consistent within a larger Enterprise Architecture direction.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor, drive conversations with Business Enablement Stakeholders and advise diverse teams, which include customer and partner resources in technical and functional delivery aspects at a program level.
- Be a partner with a strategic thinking and driving next-generation Architecture on Cloud, Micro Services, Containers, DevOps, etc.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Troubleshoot (AWS Cloud and other associated apps and tools) key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution.
- Responsible for end-to-end Solution Design, Architecture and AWS best practices to integrate with company ecosystem and infrastructure.
Analysis and Design
- Conduct fact gathering sessions with users.
- Consult with Technical Managers and Business Owners to identify and analyze technology needs and problems.
- Participate in group application design activities.
- Perform data flow diagramming and/or process modeling (code architecture).
- Independently design, configure and implement various AWS modules.
- Some development will be required for shared services and components or technically challenging areas where the skills of an architect are needed.
- Provide senior management with process and design recommendations.
- Architectural decision-making.
- Work with the other technical team members to continually improve implementation strategies, development standards and other departmental processes and documentation.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to lower-level Software Engineers.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adhere to department standards, policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Identify problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds.
- Work with other Technology departments on integrated system support, as required.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar technical field is required.
- Must have AWS Solution Architect certification.
- 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Architect in a mid to large size organization with AWS services and guide technical resources from third party implementation partner(s).
- 10 or more years of progressive, broad-based IT experience successfully implementing complex IT applications and/or developing efficient effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- 5+ years of current Solution Architecture (implementation/consulting) experience and own each technical engagement and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Experience in application development using any of the programming languages (Java, .Net, etc.).
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions with specific recommendations on compute, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Good understanding on SaaS based solutions implementation and integration patterns.
- Demonstrated experience in OAuth, SAML, etc. for the various Cloud workloads.
- Must have a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen.
- Must have both broad and deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Must be able to provide all levels of design needed for the solution (including infrastructure, application, and business), mentor and lead development teams, and occasionally participate in the development of technically challenging portions of the solution.
- Able to partner with domain architects to develop the end-to-end solution architecture including application, infrastructure, data, integration, and security domains.
- Advanced skills in creating process flow diagrams and flowcharts using Visio or similar charting tool.
- Prefer experience in low code no code platforms (Mendix, Power Apps, Pega).
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.