Our client provides platforms and services to interconnect networks and users around the world. The software engineer will work within a team to design, code, enhance, test, and support low level platforms/gateways, deployed within the company’s environment and/or carrier networks. The engineer will need to gain in-depth knowledge of sub-systems within the environment and the tools that support company’s products. Platforms must be secure, highly efficient, multi-threaded, and with high availability. Experience in design, coding and/or testing of high performance, high availability, multiple thread and networking applications in Java is required.
- Create high and/or low level design documents from requirements utilizing Object-Oriented or Structured Methods that contain such items as use cases, flow diagrams, structure definitions, architecture diagrams, low-leveling state machine diagrams, common procedural definitions, and database design elements.
- Develop application(s) from detailed design specifications using Java (C++ experience helpful as well)
- Unit test applications using tools such as a symbolic debugger, protocol analyzer and message emulation scopes and internally developed application test tools using company’s suite of development/test environments.
- Integration testing across interfacing functional groups that may be impacted
- Review design documents, code and test results to ensure accuracy, completeness, standards compliance, and adherence to requirements.
- Document thorough release notes detailing the implementation process according to company procedures. Present the implementation plan in formal release planning walk-throughs.
- Assist with the actual deployment/implementation of an application.
- Perform post-implementation monitoring and testing.
- Research customer reported problems. Analyze application logs, network traces and program traces to determine and address the root cause of reported problems.
- Using company’s test environment and emulation tools, duplicate problematic scenarios reported by the customer.
- Work within internal company procedures and standards to support existing/new applications
- Attend meetings as needed and required
- 5+ years development experience in Java Developement using REST and API calls
- Experience in design, coding and/or testing of high performance, high availability, multiple thread and networking applications in Java
- Experience working within agile frameworks