We are looking for Software Engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, and mobile; the list is endless and is growing every day. The business believes in empowering engineers to solve technical challenges, you will enjoy working with autonomy, cutting-edge technology, and talented teams.
The right candidate is able to:
- Demonstrate strong foundations in coding principles, be able to understand, create low-level algorithms and solve complex problems efficiently
- Work as part of a team developing backend applications within agile methodology
- Keep up with the latest technology innovations in media, cloud and software development
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
- Collaborate on and contribute to architectural plans
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are met to the highest standards
About you - you have :
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative working style and One Team spirit
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Masters, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field preferred
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree
Experience in any of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.