International organization with a Richardson, TX base is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join their team for a permanent opportunity. This position is ideal for anyone looking for a diverse working environment with long term growth possibilities. The company offers competitive salary and a full suite of benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) matching, and much more.
The Lead Software Engineer performs advanced engineering design relating to systems software for embedded systems, electronic components and control systems.
- Handle advanced aspects of design, development and integration of embedded software components and applications.
- Plan, conduct and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of engineering support staff.
- Design and develop Windows Software applications.
- Implement software components based on applicable specifications and design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline.
- Heavy familiarity with instrumentation and interfacing to various data acquisition and control systems.
- Experience developing environmental chamber/Test applications
- Very experienced developing complex WONDERWARE INTOUCH applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience Ladder Logic design/PLC programming
- Knowledgeable in Visual Basic/VBA
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Experience in Test Harness development.
- Strong computer hardware, software, database, IT/networking skills
- Ability to manage computers in a TCP/IP network with working knowledge of security features and issues
- Familiarity with human/equipment safety systems, control networks and advanced process control strategies
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development
- Ability to read and understand schematics/P&ID’s
- Strong math, physics, thermodynamics skills
- Ability to trouble shoot systems using DMM’s and other instrumentation
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional team
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Leadership/management experience
- Experience in developing WONDERWARE SYSTEM PLATFORM (InTouch/Intelligence/Insight/Dream Reports/applications)
- Experience in Windows and Windows Server Deployment
- Familiarity with HVAC and/or refrigeration Systems
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.