Position: Software Engineer
Location: Annapolis, MD
Term: 6 months contract to hire
Top 3 skills:
- industry experience in running service
- Previous work with applications in Linux environment
- Python experience
- Able to do full stack development
- Perform software development for various ground-to-air applications each integrated with CAS's messaging "gateway" application.
- Develop software applications incorporating aircraft messaging and utilizing information from other aviation related applications and sources for hosting on Windows Linux iOS and Android platforms.
- Use Open Source knowledge to vet and apply reuse of publicly available existing solutions to the development process.
- Perform various levels of testing from unit testing (code level) to functional end-to-end testing. This includes quality documentation and execution of unit level test plans and development of automated tests.
- Perform various levels of algorithm development as necessary
Possess 2-5 years of software and some system engineering experience in industry including:
- Implementing changes and upgrades to complex systems.
- Integrating systems with complex external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
- Analyzing performance of complex systems.
- Managing customer requirements.
- Possess strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Working in a highly integrated team environment.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments is a plus
Education or Certification requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience. More specifically a Degree in Comp Sci, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Math.
- Ability to work and define requirements from customer needs.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to help teams with issues that arise in the field
- Ability to follow processes in place