Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 6 month Contract to Hire
Specifically, you'll do the following:
- Collaborate with leaders, analysts, IT architects, technical leads, and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop applications to meet business requirements.
- Learn about and implement new technologies to build new features and improve application performance and security posture.
- Maintain and enhance existing services, applications, and platforms using test-driven development practices.
- Support the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines.
- Work closely with software architects and technical leaders to ensure decisions align with long-term enterprise and industry growth forecasts.
- Troubleshoot complex issues and implement solutions.
- Contribute to new work specifications and estimates as an active participant in Agile ceremonies and independently.
- Passion, selflessness, and accountability to yourself and the team; ability to work well within a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments.
- Proficiency in full-stack development:
- Front-end: Angular 10+, CSS, mobile-aware/responsive and cross-browser compatible application development
- Web Services: RESTful API development using .NET stack, object-oriented design techniques and principles
- Database: Object/Relational mapping, query performance tuning, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies (eg. Scrum) and excitement around participating in an Agile team.
- Understanding of cloud-native development, deployment, and orchestration: microservice architecture patterns, containers, Azure cloud.
- Understanding of DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices and desire to learn more.
- Experience with other tools: Azure DevOps, Git.
- Airline industry experience.
- Open-source project design, development, and repository maintenance experience.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging by audience, including non-technical groups.