REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Software Asset Management Administrator
Salary: 80,000 - $85,000 (DOE) + bonus
Under limited supervision, the Software Asset Management (SAM) Administrator will monitor installations, usage and configurations of software to ensure compliance with publisher terms and internal policies.
- Leverage/deploy the enterprise ServiceNow SAM Pro to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the software asset management program. Create and present software license management metrics to Sr. Management monthly.
- Support the centralization of software license management by gaining access to various software portals to manage add, change and delete users as needed.
- Identify software related compliance issues and take appropriate actions to move the company into full compliance. Present and influence Sr. Management in approach to remediate any identified compliance issues.
- Partner with the IT Asset Manager to support timely response to internal and external software audits and assist in the collection of software contracts, agreements, entitlements, and licenses.
- Partner with Global Supply Chain to ensure key software elements are part of all agreement to foster configuration and rationalization in ServiceNow SAM Pro.
- Monitor software position across all enterprise license elements and identify opportunities for savings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School diploma or GED and eight (8) years’ experience managing software assets in enterprise environment, including four (4) years’ experience working with software contracts including Enterprise Agreements with key vendors OR
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years ‘experience managing software assets in enterprise environment including experience working with software contracts including Enterprise Agreements with key vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- License administration: add/change/delete users from software publisher portals
- Collect software contracts, agreement, entitlements, and licenses.
- Periodic software true-ups and renewals
- Develop and implement strategies for license optimization while maintaining compliance.
- Partner with Corporate office to respond to enterprise agreement audits
- Keep leadership apprised of audit status and risks
- Remediate software found to be non-compliant
- Owning and driving vendor initiated and internal software licensing audits
- Understanding of various license models and able to apply and monitor those in real time
- Knowledge of Open-Source Software and license limitation
- Performing detailed analysis of contract/license terms, usage and entitlements
- Leading new efforts and processes to ensure software compliance
- Ability and comfort in making decisions alone and being accountable for them
- Ability to overcome obstacles and drive tasks to completion
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data, including interpretation and presentations
- Software entitlement tracking using ServiceNow (SAM Pro)
- Solid experience with computer skills in SAP, Microsoft Excel, Materials Management software
- Familiarity with discovery tools such as ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience utilizing ServiceNow Software Asset Management
- Knowledge in IT Asset Management and IT Service Management
- Proficient with Microsoft O365 products, specifically Excel
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Ability to use data effectively to aide in decision making
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws