Position: Software Archiect
Location: Remote if within these states: Texas, North Carolina, Ohio, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, New York, Georgia and Florida.
Type: Permanent/Direct Hire
Financial services company is seeking a Software Architect to join their team. The Software Architect is responsible for the development and modification of software applications that optimize and enhance business processes, recommending architecture standards and generating best practice documentation and procedures.
- Designs, codes, and modifies business software applications for the .NET Framework and mobile operating systems.
- Attends project meetings and works closely with business analysts to analyze business requirements, define development project plans, and to report on progress and obstacles.
- Conducts research on available market solutions; provides cost-benefit input to help determine which software and systems should be purchased and which should be internally created.
- Configures and implements proof of concept to validate migration processes, procedures, and target solution capabilities.
- Creates, maintains, and updates technical and procedural documentation such as software design specifications, internal processes and procedures, and best practice guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microservices and API’s in Azure.
- Strong working knowledge of development technologies and tools, and software engineering concepts, methodologies, and architectural styles.
- Excellent organizational, process and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Developed analytical skills with strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- Flexibility to provide support during weekend and evening hours as needed.
- 8-10 years of software design and architecture experience.
- Financial services or banking industry experience preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Software Development, Electronic Engineering, or related field preferred.