Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: PHOENIX, Arizona, 85027
Term: 6 months
- Serves as a direct escalation point for Ansible and Terraform developers with technical issues and requires strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams.
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area.
- Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems.
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements.
- Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Requires high level of technical expertise to support private and public cloud platforms.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of supporting enterprise scale Ansible platforms and be proficient with YAML.
- Requires a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the ability to work on multiple and complex issues.
- Ability to automate tasks with shell scripting and Python is a must.
- Requires daily use of Splunk and Grafana for log searching and dashboard creation.
- Candidates will need experience with Agile and Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 4+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of advanced scripting in one or a combination of the following: Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python or PowerShell
- 4+ years of experience managing enterprise High Availability Platform planning and execution
- 3+ years of experience with logging, monitoring, and event detection on cloud or distributed platforms
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- 2+ years of JIRA experience
- 1 + year of experience with Agile tools
- 1 + years of Confluence WikiD experience
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- An industry-standard technology certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers.
- Ability to manage efforts that require integration of multiple technology systems, operations, or processes.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 4+ years of web applications experience.