Our reputable client in Atlanta, Ga is hiring a Site Operations Technician to join their team. Support technician is responsible for ensuring secure, reliable and responsive computing infrastructure operation so that staff and members can access desired services to accomplish their tasks. This includes, but is not limited to the deployment, configuration and upkeep of server, network, storage, workstation, phone, and security camera hardware, software, and services.
This role will work out of Corporate HQ (near Mercedes Benz Stadium), they will provide a company vehicle to drive to various site locations (30 sites in metro-Atlanta) to transport equipment. If they occasionally use their own vehicle, they will provide gas reimbursement. This role will have approximately up to 90% travel within Atlanta Metropolitan area required to perform job functions. Approximately up to 5% out of area travel (can be up to 1-3 days or more in a month, including weekends, depending upon scheduling requirements). Required for driver’s license in good standing. COVID vaccination is required for this role.
Company offers 30 days PTO annually
Team Size- This is a small group, the Application team is comprised of 4 people and Infrastructure team (network engineers) is comprised of 4 people. This position is on the Service Delivery team which is comprised of 2 Site Support Technicians, 1 Desk Side Support Analyst, and 1 Help Desk Support Analyst. They are currently outsourcing the helpdesk and site support but this role will not be outsourced. Go live is in 1 month.
- They are rolling out 150 docking stations in the office, run Dell Wyse thin clients. Getting rid of them. Microsoft Intune rollout, used to configure workstations, laptops and deploy software.
- Experience with low voltage cabling , must identify if thin client isn’t working and troubleshoot/follow back to switch/routers, must know how to troubleshoot that in various branches or site locations.
- OS diagnose computer issues, troubleshoot why computer/mouse isn’t working.
- Router- basic networking knowledge
- Switch – reconfigure – Unify and D-link
- Basic audio visual
- May replace Wifi access points
- They use Baracuda for Firewall security, this role won’t require much of that, it’s handled mostly by the Engineering team.
- A+, MCE, CCNA, CompTIA (any certifications are a plus, but not required).
Strategy & Planning:
- Understand the organization’s current and future business needs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of deployed infrastructure and systems within scope of responsibility
- Collaborate with all IT teams to ensure smooth, reliable and secure operation of software and systems
- Identify opportunities to upgrade technology to improve service, contain/reduce cost and support long-term goals
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Enhance existing solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures and YMCA baselines
- Participate in projects to acquire, install, maintain / upgrade and repair the environment
- Monitor and report progress, manage issues and accomplish desired results within specified timeframes and budgets
- Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools
- Assist in hardware and software releases and rollouts according to change management best practices
Service Delivery & Operational Management:
- Build rapport with key customers, in particular Branch Executive Directors, Branch IT Support (BITS) and facilities staff
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems, and recommend and implement corrective solutions
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to IT Service Desk, Engineers, Systems Analysts or vendors when required, and stay engaged to ensure timely resolution
- Promptly inform management of any critical issues, especially inappropriate computer hardware or software use, so systems are not abused and the organization’s integrity is not compromised
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Accurately document instances of equipment installation, failure, repair and removal, as well as moves and changes.
- Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts
- Research solutions through internal and external sources and maintain knowledgebase
- Provide orientation and training, and develop help sheets and FAQs for end users for all modified and new systems
- Perform diagnostics and hands-on fixes at the site when remote tools are not appropriate
- Configure computing infrastructure to deliver secure, reliable, and responsive operations which meet SLAs
- Ensure change, incident and problem management, and all other IT procedures are followed
- Ensure the appropriateness, technical validity and performance of all work being placed into production
- Demonstrate company values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and integrate into work environment and ways of work
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in YMCA’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere
- Does not provide administrative leadership to others. May provide functional leadership to project team members, third party service providers and interns
education & experience
- Three (3) years relevant experience managing network, server, storage, personal computer, security camera and other infrastructure
- Associates degree in Computer Science- or Information Systems-related studies is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a multi-site, multi-vendor, hybrid cloud environment
- At least one contemporary technical certification (e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA) desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft environment (Windows Server, Azure, SharePoint, Office 365, Active Directory)
- IT service management practices (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, MOF, DevOps)
- Knowledge about the YMCA Movement a plus
- Thirst for knowledge, intellectual curiosity.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical and efficient.
- Thinks critically, evaluates assumptions and has a keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, and works independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Determine root cause for systemic issues through analysis; proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to work across, up and down the organization and with service providers
- Strong customer-service / user-experience orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Physical requirements include frequent standing, sitting, walking, lifting 20-50 lbs., reaching and manual dexterity skills to operate computer. Occasionally may stoop/squat, crawl/crouch, pull/push, twist trunk/neck climb, and grasp or squeeze with right and left hard in completing required tasks of position. Communications skills necessary for this position include writing, speech, vision, hearing and reading comprehension.