Seeking a highly motivated Service Support Technician. This is a fulltime, permanent position located in Meriden, CT requires traveling regionally 25% of the time. This technician with limited supervision, executes customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair, upgrade, and start-up of Hi-Temperature Imaging Cameras for the industrial market (paper/pulp, cement plants).
- In-house and field troubleshooting/repair and isolating of equipment issues/malfunctions and taking corrective actions, analyzing hardware or software issues; work closely with other Service members, as well as manufacturing sites and Engineering, to locate and correct system faults.
- Conduct on-site start-up assistance or installation of equipment and systems, using established testing procedures and training to ensure proper function of systems. Provide familiarization to the customer on system hardware/software and its basic modes of operation.
- Complete Field Reports and logs to ensure work performed is properly documented and all problems in the field are reported and addressed.
- Provide professional representation of the Company in all dealings with customer, creating a positive experience for the customer.
- Provide technical support by phone/email as needed.
- In House Troubleshooting and Repair.
- Technical Support (by phone/email).
- Associates Degree in electronics/electronics repair.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic soldering skills.
- Ability to read schematics/drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, typing/keyboarding skills and written reporting skills.
- Well-disciplined, self-starter with an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit being able to work alone or with a team.
- Must be logical and analytical in approaching solutions to problems.
- Understand and adhere to all safety policies on the job.
- Ability to lift at least 50+ pounds.
- Ability to travel 50% of time as needed.
- US Citizen with passport and ability to travel in North & South America as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A.S. degree in electronics preferred; or 1-3 years in a technical support/service position