This international financial services industry leader has an immediate full-time need in Cary, NC for a Senior Test Automation Engineer. This AVP level role requires working onsite at least 2 days per week in a hybrid working model, therefore relocation and sponsorship will be considered. Will be part of the Equities Dev Squad SWAT team which is seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer to bring test automation to the next level. You will be responsible for design, development, and enhancements of the Java test automation framework, which is used in multiple projects, leveraging industry best practices and standard tooling such as Cucumber and behavior driven development (BDD). You will also be responsible for reviewing user stories with the team to identify and implement sufficient test cases, prepare the feature files with scenarios and test data, and writing the glue code to automate as much of the testing as reasonably possible. You will also be involved in performance and nonfunctional testing. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) tooling using technologies such as TeamCity, OpenShift, and Jenkins to reduce the amount of manual processes to move changes to safely to production.
- Java development, primarily automated testing.
- Lead creation of automated testing tooling that will reduce the time spent on manual testing.
- Assist in creation of a robust solution design that supports all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assist in creation of DevOps tooling to establish strong automation for the software build and deployment processes.
- Involvement at all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC): analysis, design, development, unit and integration testing, user acceptance testing (UAT) facilitation, packaging, deployment.
- Cooperation with other development teams, functional analysts, and business analysts and numerous stakeholders of the project, as appropriate for the area of work.
- 3-5+ years of experience developing and supporting enterprise software systems in core Java technologies.
- 5-10+ years of experience with automation testing, creating a test automation environment from scratch, developing, and executing automated test scripts using Automated Testing Tools (such as Selenium, Cucumber, etc.).
- Experience leading the QA function with autonomy.
- Experience with databases, JDBC and messaging, and JMS.
- Experience in the following will be a strong advantage: Spring Framework; cross-platform messaging environments and serialization formats including XML, Json, FIX protocol, and connecting to messaging services from Java using JMS; writing structured query language (SQL) queries and connecting to databases from Java applications using JDBC; testing REST endpoints.
- DevOps experience supporting entire software development life cycle is a plus.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.