Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area) – Hybrid Remote
Target Start Date: September 2022
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with significant experience supporting test environments, CI/CD, Data Management, and DevOps. Must have previous experience working on high-profile projects, communicating with Executive and C-level leaders, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of the PMO, the Program Manager is a leader within the PMO and business partners and manages large enterprise projects and/or individual programs consisting of inter-related and concurrent projects with a goal of actively and consistently supporting all efforts and enhancing the overall customer experience. The individual specializes in infrastructure and development delivery supporting test environments, CI/CD, Data Management, and DevOps.
- Primary responsibility supporting test environments, CI/CD, Data Management, and DevOps.
- Manages large strategic projects or a set of projects as a cohesive program including capital planning, business case development, planning, reporting, and execution.
- Track’s project and program status and creates delivery roadmaps working in partnership with executive IT leadership and technical teams to ensure clear communication of the on-going development and implementation of all initiatives.
- Oversees project managers and scrum masters working across a large program providing purpose, guidance and motivation to all team members. Performs critical team resource management and performance management to ensure project objectives are delivered on-time and within budget. Executes on-going monitoring and continuous improvement plans to ensure team is executing with optimal efficiency.
- Serves as an overall leader and liaison between various business units, vendors, Information Systems, Information Security, Internal Audit, and impacted business units.
- Adheres to, contributes toward, and mentor other project managers and scrum masters on the Corporate and Department Project Process as needed and contributes continual improvement. This includes adherence to budgeting, financial forecasting, cost accounting and project management standards across the program. Ensures all issues and risks are clearly monitored and managed across the entire program.
- Ensures adherence to overall program and project control point compliance.
- Represents the PMO in rationalizing a set of projects into a program on behalf of business and/or technical units.
- Previous experience working on high-profile projects, communicating with Executive and C-level leaders, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience supporting test environments, CI/CD, Data Management, and DevOps. Must have previous experience working on high-profile projects, communicating with Executive and C-level leaders, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Four-year degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in the Financial Industry preferred.
- Formal training in project or program management and/or certification required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills including serving as a mentor.
- Ten or more years of Infrastructure project/program management experience and demonstrated success. In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure technologies.
- Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
- Agile/Kanban Project Management experience preferred.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert within his or her specified field of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time.
- Requires expertise in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge in system integration and management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.