Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Computing Products
Term: 12 Months
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Long term contract opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA for a Senior Systems Engineer - Computing Products.
- Capture system requirements, design, test cases, and test procedures.
- Integrate, validate, and verify system functionality in the lab.
- Technical collaboration among systems, hardware, and software design functions.
- Assist in resolving technical problems that cross hardware and software functional domain areas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Familiarity with systems development process including requirements capture, design, decomposition, integration, verification, and validation.
- Experience with safety-critical system, hardware, or software development (e.g. DO-178C, DO-254, or ARP4754A).
- Experience working with and testing embedded hardware and software.
- Experience developing automated tests utilizing Python scripts.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.