Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Specialty Software Engineer
Location: SUMMIT, New Jersey, 07901-1444
Term: 12 months
- Lead or participate in complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Assure quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Serve as a technical resource in finding software solutions.
- Review and evaluate user needs and determine requirements.
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Create test data and conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Assist other individuals in advanced software development.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of Python experience.
- 2+ years of RESTful API design and development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, and Map.
- 2+ years of experience with building, deploying, and securing cloud platforms.
- 2+ years of configuration experience with Cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or MS Azure.
- Strong in data science python libraries like NumPy, Pandas, SciPy.
- Solid understanding of distributed computing.
- Strong skills in big data, PySpark, HDFS and distributed computing.
- Experience in creating APIs using python, preferably Django and DRF.
- Design and build reusable solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle.
- Prior banking domain skills and depth knowledge in risk & finance forecasting domain.
- 4+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.