Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: SUMMIT, New Jersey, 07901-1444
Term: 12 months
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of relational database experience
- 6+ years of experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- 6+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle or SQL server
- 8+ years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 5+ years of financial industry experience.
- Overall 10+ years IT industry experience.
- 10+ years of experience as Database Analyst/Engineer with proficiency in SQL and RDMS platforms.
- JIRA/Confluence Proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business partnering skills with resources across the organization in matrixed environment.
- Experience is SQL is a must.
- In-depth experience ORACLE, MS SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, UNIX.
- In-depth experience modeling tools like ERWin, PowerDesigner etc.
- Experience unit testing.
- Strong knowledge of Agile.
- Strong experience in working with global delivery teams.
- Strong experience in establishing end-to-end SDLC practices and DevOps.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Server database design and administration
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 2+ years of Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)