Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- Act as senior developer working with other developers, BA and QA staff in programming, development, testing, and implementation process.
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and write technical specifications.
- Collaborate across teams, including global teams, to create high quality solution designs.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data integration initiative.
- As a senior Developer, perform Design & Code reviews and process optimization.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications.
- Contributes in analyzing complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications.
- Design, development, test, and implement application ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs to source, map, extract and load large volumes of data.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of data requires a solid grasp of compliance, regulatory and technology risk domains.
- Experience in relational and dimensional models.
- Experience in large scale data warehouse architectures & Performance optimization.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 7 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning.
- 7+ years of SQL experience.
- 2+ years of experience creating visual reports with one or combination of the following: SSRS, Tableau, or Power BI.
- 7+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop.
- 3 + years of experience working with large data sets.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- An industry-standard technology certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience.
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools, such as Power Designer.
- Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- 4+ years of experience with source coding in one or a combination of the following: GitHub, SVN(Subversion), TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) or TFSGit (Team Foundation Server).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a quantitative development team about models and integration strategies.
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of data dimensional modeling.
- Good data analytical and validation skills.
- BS/BA degree or higher in information technology.