Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Talend ETL Developer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- Work closely with Data Modelers to structure data requirements into a data warehouse model for reporting and analytics.
- Design, develop and debug ETL integration code to meet defined source to target mappings.
- Handle complex ETL requirements and design.
- Work with Business Stakeholders to build database objects to meet desired output.
- Build, maintain and govern the Hadoop data layer to ensure data consistency and single version of the truth.
- Complete Unit Testing to ensure low probability of defects and that data matches with back-end systems.
- Ensure solutions are highly usable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Understand the impacts of data layer performance factors and collaborate with the Data Architect to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions.
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure performance, maintainability, and standards.
- Work with the Data Architect to define data security roles, groups and policies.
- Enforce Hadoop design standards, reusable objects, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization.
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders and developers to ensure deliverables meet business expectations.
- Suggest solutions for development or process improvement.
- Tuning of dataset design for optimal performance.
- Develop, execute, and troubleshooting of complex report SQL.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple, complex issues and projects.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience.
- 3+ years of Hadoop / Big Data development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Talend ETL development.
- 3+ years of Java or Python experience.
- 3+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, or Teradata.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- An industry-standard technology certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing.
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations.
- MS SQL server experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Selenium software testing framework.
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of GitHub.