Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Term: 11 months
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a
- combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 5 + years of Java Web Services experience
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Proactive team player with a *can-do* attitude, learn and unlearn as needed.
- 5+ years of capital markets experience is a plus
- Experience MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- l Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Knowledge and understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework
- Technology Experience developing, supporting or integrating messaging technology such as Solace, Tibco or MQ
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills.