Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC; St Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN
Term: 12 months
- Creating and publishing automated and non-automated reporting to establish accountability and monitor performance including dashboards, grid reports, scorecards, and other reporting to measure progress against goals
- Supporting complex business activities through developing best-in-class BI reporting solutions
- Monitors program level processes, procedures, and performance metrics
- Combining best reporting practices with knowledge of data, business, customers, and/or products/services/processes to “tell a story” In a form of reports/dashboards
- Develop and implement dynamic data visualization and technical solutions using MicroStrategy business intelligence tool. Other BI tool knowledge will be an added advantage
- The position will develop and maintain meaningful metrics with business partnership that clearly define operating thresholds, drives transparency of performance and accountability and ownership for outcomes
- Specialized analysis of existing control frameworks taking into account proposed changes to improve risk management effectiveness
- Partner and challenge senior business partners across the lines of business to identify existing metrics to manage the business that are tied to business processes
- Build detailed business requirements documents for technology build of dashboards/recurring reporting
- Provide production support and end to end research and validation of the reports.
- Perform analysis design, build, implementation and support tasks
- Meet business requirements while performing MicroStrategy project design
- Perform analysis & development to create MicroStrategy schema objects, reports & dashboards
- Generate appropriate unit test plans and assure quality of work
- Produce technical design documentation
- Contribute to the database design collaborating with BI & Data Analysts and Data Modelers
- Provide support for all phases of testing such as integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with other team members in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable MicroStrategy architecture, dashboards, and reports
- Follow enterprise standards and guidelines during all phases of development lifecycle
- Expected to be proactive in identifying issues and opportunities that will have an impact on the business use of MicroStrategy and provide recommendations to leadership and business partners as appropriate
- Provide MicroStrategy administration support of environment and share knowledge with peers
- Serve as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of issues & problems
- Executes BCP plans for applications, coordinates logistics for plan implementations.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of Application Development and implementation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 8+ years of MicroStrategy BI tool experience
- 5+ years advanced SQL, PL/SQL
- 3+ years of MicroStrategy schema architecture experience
- 1+ years of experience with MicroStrategy Freeform SQL reports
- 2+ years of experience with MicroStrategy Reporting Services Documents
- 3+ years AGILE experience using SCRUM/KANBAN
- Experience migrating legacy BI platforms to cloud and modern architecture
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Big Query is plus
- Experience in BI Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of SQL development and performance tuning skills
- MicroStrategy Administration experience with Version upgrades a plus
- 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot database\ODBC connectivity issues
- 2+ years of Autosys experience
- Ability to track, troubleshoot and document issues and work with Vendor support
- Brokerage or financial services experience is preferred
- 4+ years of Build and CICD technologies experience
- Demonstration and presentation facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations.