Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr. Java Microservices Developer
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, California, 94105
Term: 24 months
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Closely partnering with projects, Business Analysts and Developers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable Java software solutions.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications for middleware.
• Independent Hands-on Development - Maintains existing services and applications, and develops new, highly complex original code while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
• Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
• Test-driven development: Verify system logic by unit testing and debugging during development and QA cycles.
• Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides .
• Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
• Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment and conversion time-frames.
• Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• 5+ years of software engineering and implementation experience
• 3+ years of Java experience
• 3 + years of Java Web Services experience
• 1+ year of experience in microservices development
• An industry-standard technology certification
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with Kafka and PubSub patterns tools
• 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
• Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
• 2+ years of testing or quality assurance experience