Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Scrum Master
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 6 months
- Facilitate the scrum process with cross functional impact that involve moderately complex projects, non projects, or maintenance work.
- Guide the scrum teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Optimize scrum team velocity to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partner with discipline managers about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Facilitate the Scrum Agile ceremonies for the teams.
- Collaborate with product owners, program or project managers to communicate delivery of work product from the team and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Licensed Scrum Master, experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- 4+ years of practicing agile scrum master experience
- 2+ years of banking or financial services experience
- 4+ years of experience with Jira and Confluence usage
- Experience with transitioning teams from waterfall to agile
- Experience with Agile planning (using Jira Align or Plans)
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: measure and communicate key performance metrics (KPIs)
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives