Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Scrum Master
Location: SUMMIT, New Jersey, 07901-1444
Term: 24 months
- Facilitate the scrum process with cross functional impact that involve moderately complex projects, non projects, or maintenance work.
- Guide the scrum teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Optimize scrum team velocity to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partner with discipline managers about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Facilitate the Scrum Agile ceremonies for the teams.
- Collaborate with product owners, program or project managers to communicate delivery of work product from the team and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
Top Skill Sets: (70% Scrum Master / 30% Project Management)
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience as Scrum Master to one or more scrum teams
- 2+ years of experience in budgeting/forecasting– capture actuals and calculate variance on a monthly basis
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a developer/tester/BA so that they understand SDLC
- Expertise in excel – formulas, VLOOKUP, pivots etc.. for budget management and reporting
- Expertise with JIRA – reporting, JIRA export/import, bulk upload, scrum boards
- 4+ years of Practicing Agile Scrum Master experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Overall experience in IT should be at least 10 years
- Expertise in running all agile/sprint ceremonies for cross-functional teams
- Background in setting up agile process and best practices to suit team development needs
- Management reporting for project status, metrics and budget
- Knowledge of RSA Archer applications (desired)