Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Sr Project Manager (HR & Finance domain)
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 11 Months
Hybrid onsite 3 days/week - Downtown Dallas
- Ultimately responsible for partnering with business partner to uphold the project scope and objectives.
- Responsible for using Project Management best practice to guide a project with the stakeholders and/or business.
- Deliver projects on budget with desired outcomes. Will utilize skills to forecast financials of project to effectively communicate any variance to sponsor and required management.
- Able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems of the project and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed-all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
- Conduct weekly status reviews with project team and works with project team to obtain updates for weekly status reporting and PowerPoint presentations to include updates on timeline, health of project indicators, accomplishments, and planned items coming-up.
- Maintain project governance with regular status meetings and reports, stand-ups and/or review sessions to keep team organized and moving forward to successful project closure.
- Screens projects for risks, actions, issues, decisions, financial viability, and opportunities for sustainable improvement. Understands the end to end impact along with cross functional impact. Formulates and implements solutions.
- Project may involve working with multiple vendors and making sure vendor PM aligns to client deliverables, SOW, invoicing, and timeline.
- Works with Financial Analyst to performs validation on financial-related reporting and liaises with project leadership about budget, forecast, accruals and reclassifications that may need to occur on project.
- With input from project leadership updates project forecast, submits accruals and reclassifications to maintain project financial standards.
- Monitors project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility with delivery lead.
- Develop a detailed project plan/schedule to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs and perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors as needed.
- Create, maintain, and store project documentation and records.
- Responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices with project team.
- Excellent communicator that understands frequent, consistent communication helps keep teams aligned and progressing forward with project. Respectful and upholds team dignity throughout project.
- Encourages and supports escalations: communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential escalation issues. Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project. Cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders. This includes executing the proper communication and coordination of cross functional project teams to ensure seamless delivery.
- Engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions.
- Lead project teams in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting minutes.
- Understands Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to follow client Governance and utilize required formatting of PowerPoint presentations as required.
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- Must be an expert with MS Project
- Needs to have experience with Kronos, SAP HR Module enhancements.
- Experience exchanging corporate credit card vendors / banks and BPC and or forecasting projects for financial departments.
- Solid experience facilitating status meetings in a professional manner.
- Experienced in creating project status reports.
- Cool, calm, collected and collaborative. Works well under pressure, comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. Can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Self-motivated, works with appropriate urgency, friendly and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized and exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent concise writing and communication skills.
- Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Project.
- Ability to identify and document issues, risks and problems.
- Bachelor Degree, Masters, a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Energy experience is a plus.
- Experience in an Information Technology Environment.