REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Senior Program Manager
Under moderate supervision, the Senior Program Manager manages the prioritization and capacity management functions within a specific program globally, in partnership with other Delivery Leads. Regularly demonstrates Program Delivery leadership by managing the flow of value through the Program using various tools, such as the Program Kanban and other information radiators. Works with MIS senior leadership, product owners, platform owners, architects, etc. to facilitate the discussions, refine epics/features, align initiatives to business objectives, challenge the teams’ thinking, and identify ways to resolve constraints. Partners with MIS senior leadership to create action plans to resolve resource limitations, remove obstacles and training, coaching and advising other agile program and team members. The Lead deeply understands the Agile values, fosters an innovative culture, and coaches MIS leaders on the processes.
- In conjunction with MIS senior leadership & other Delivery Leads, own the prioritization of a program within the entire MIS portfolio, including epics and features. Facilitate the prioritization process including measuring value, confirming ranking, resolving conflicts, and communicating results. Support MIS leadership in liaising with business partners regarding prioritization.
- Proactively engage with MIS agile teams to understand staffing plans and identify resource constraints. Work collaboratively to determine solutions and if necessary, identify possible action plans and escalate. Conduct discussions with MIS leadership including VP and Directors, to resolve constraints, then coordinate recommended actions.
- Facilitate Master Planning readiness by fostering a continuous improvement process that drives the synthesis of a vision, feature and capability estimation and backlogs. Create reports/dashboards to reflect prioritization and resource demand/supply. Conduct analysis to identify future resourcing concerns and working with MIS management, create plans to address them. Conduct periodic meetings with MIS senior leadership to discuss/resolve issues.
- Create combined MIS strategic roadmaps that tie epics/features to business objectives and reflect major dependencies. Report on progress towards achieving the objectives.
- Perform other duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED AND eleven (11) years of experience in Information Services, Process Technology, Project Management, Professional Business settings,
- Bachelor’s Degree AND seven (7) years of experience in Information Services, Process Technology, Project Management, Professional Business settings
- Master’s Degree AND five (5) years of experience in Information Services, Process Technology, Project Management, Professional Business setting.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders
- Strong communication skills with ability to deliver complex messages / trade-offs and influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience leading IT Teams of 5+ professionals (direct and/or indirect reports)
- Experience with large scale technology product delivery
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) and tools
- Understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps to manage portfolios and features
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification preferred
- Experience with resource and prioritization management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a scrum master/technology project/program manager or equivalent relevant work experience
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
- Support development of Scrum Masters and Team Members through advocacy and engagement in the CoP’s.
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws.