Position: Senior Network Security Engineer
Location: Houston, TX 77046
Term: 6 months
- On-prem segmentation, Internet edge, third party, and cloud Palo Alto infrastructure.
- Understands network and cloud topologies.
- Architecting and Engineering Internet-facing network stack applications SME for network security architectures.
- Understanding various vendor solutions that are used to secure various architectures.
- Proactively identify and determine priority for any network security gaps.
- Mentors other Network Engineers for security standard methodologies.
- Works with security teams to build and/or steer processes for identifying and remediating vulnerabilities and risks.
- Bridge the gap between security engineering and network engineering departments.
- Serve as a point of escalation point for network security solutions.
- Keep abreast of new cloud and automation developments, evaluate alternative approaches and recommend new software or modifications which improve operations and development activities.
- Find opportunities and make recommendations to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance, and overall service within the distributed computing environment and associated departments.
- Provide clear documentation of technical solutions and communicate plans to management and customers.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7-10 years of experience managing various network architectures.
- 5+ years of technical experience with network security technologies. (ex. Firewalls, proxy, and network segmentation)
- 5+ years’ experience on Palo Alto firewalls and securing Internet-facing applications.
- 3+ years of experience in Public Cloud technologies including AWS and Microsoft Azure specifically in networking and security solutions and implementation.
- Understanding of DevOps scripting and automation using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and/or Terraform.
- Experience with DLP, WAF, DDOS, IPS/IDS.
- Experience with Palo Cloud, SOAR, Twistlock, Redlock, and Prisma Access.
- Experience with various endpoint security solutions.