55 to 62
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer, Optical Transport
Job Location: 200 S Laurel Ave, Middletown, New Jersey 07748
Job Description: Looking for a senior level engineer to work on the replacement of TDM and SONET ADM Rings and Digital Cross Connects with a Circuit Emulation Network.
- Define and run tests covering appropriate test cases for the assigned call/signaling flows and/or network elements and associated business service features/enhancements.
- Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Aid in the development of progress reports
- Open appropriate defect tickets with all necessary descriptive information in the appropriate defect tracking system(s)
- For in scope production network upgrades, produce tested procedural documentation appropriately detailed for hand-off to Operations
- Serves as subject matter expert for Layer 1 transport and Circuit Emulation
- Serve as the expert for the First Field Application and as needed Tier 4 support
- 8+ years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 6+ years of experience working in engineering network design and management of T1, T3, SONET, DACS, ADM, and DWDM networks
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including OSPF, BGP, BFD, and MPLS)
- 2+ years of experience working on layer 2 networks (Layer 2 Ethernet Transport, SyncE and PTP)
- Proven project experience testing/certifying lab equipment to include development and execution of test cases, system testing, network design as well as working with lab test equipment (Viavi, HP, etc.)
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know Layer 1, 2 and 3 in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies
- Cisco CCNA is required and CCIE preferred required
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.