Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Onsite preferred Bedford, TX 76021 but will consider Hybrid / Remote
Our client in the Bedford, TX area is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work at their Headquarters.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for overseeing an organization’s computer systems or database networks to ensure proper maintenance and security. Duties include working with IT staff and company employees to identify network or computer system needs, overseeing the installation of new hardware or software and using employee feedback to isolate issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages security solutions, including firewalls, endpoint detection, and IDS. (Juniper and Fortinet experience is a requirement.)
- Ability to assign to network addresses and implement protocols.
- Participate in troubleshooting network outages or performance issues.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network cabling and other network equipment such as switches and firewalls.
- Provide second level support to users as it pertains to network system operations.
- Assist in selecting new equipment and software.
- Build and set up computer networks by physically installing, connecting, and configuring equipment.
- Assist in performing network security measures and monitoring for threats.
- Document equipment, networks, and maintenance, including warranties, repairs, and user requests.
- Create, update, and troubleshoot accounts, passwords, and security.
- Minimum of 7-10 years hands on experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 10% travel to client site as needed
- Manage LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Ability to work with a team while also being proactive and self-starter
- Proven network engineering, network operations and network performance analysis skills
- Must be proficient in scripting languages.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
- Network + or CCNA certification preferred
Preferred experience with the following Technologies:
- Troubleshooting Layer 3 issues on Juniper switches and Fortinet firewalls
- Troubleshooting issues at Layer 1 and 2 networking level
- Brocade and Dell switching
- Familiar with routing protocols OSPF, BGP, and static
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
- Active Directory – Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Aruba or Ruckus is a plus.
- Networking monitoring using Fortimonitor or equivalent monitoring.
- Experience using WireShark to troubleshoot issues