Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and deploying networks.
Will determine the data communications needs of the company and develop the best systems to meet these needs. This includes designing and configuring components, and troubleshooting any issues prior to implementation. From determining cable layout and placement to selecting modems and routers, as a Network Engineer, you will oversee the installation and implementation of network systems. Will be responsible for upgrading components in existing networks. This includes installing new routers, switches, security software, configurations or other parts to improve the operation of a system, Will be expected to continually monitor networking systems and make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to keep these systems operating smoothly. Will also perform scheduled maintenance on network systems to avoid any down time due to networking issues. Understanding the different types of networks and the pros and cons of each type is extremely important for this position. Will utilize your strong knowledge of routers, modems, adapters, switches, firewall appliances, load balancers and servers. Knowledge of communication technologies such as wireless, mobile applications and telecommunications systems is also important. Will gain experience in developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts and shall understand system categorization and deduce NIST, DoD, CNSSI, and NSTSSM regulations into product cybersecurity requirements. Will gain experience with NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, security hardening of products, deriving and managing security requirements, risk management, technical planning, threat and vulnerability assessments, systems-level design, systems integration, verification, and validation including security testing and evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total systems. Will interact directly with multidiscipline professionals in the planning and implementation of assigned projects.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years experience as a Network Engineer/Administrator. Requires someone that is well versed in networking and Systems Engineering.
- Cyber Security knowledge/experience.
- 5-7+ years experience with Cisco Switches
- Ability do do both hardware and networking including racking servers, building out server OS, setting up VMWare hosts, designing and implementing networks.
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls preferred.
- Juniper experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of storage arrays such as NetApp is a plus.
- Linux administration knowledge is a plus.
- Prefer experience with VMware, VM Vsphere, ESXi, etc.
- Cisco certifications (CCNP, CCIE) strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Must be U.S. Citizen as this position requires the ability to hold and maintain a DoD and DHS Secret Clearance.