Please focus solely on the Layer 1 skills think SONET and DWDM only. The person must report to work every day in Middletown. Experience with the first 3 job responsibilities is an absolute must.
- Please be sure to submit the resume in word format with contact data
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: 200 S Laurel Ave, Middletown, New Jersey 07748
Job Description: Looking for a senior level engineer to work on the replacement of TDM (T1 & T3) and SONET ADM Rings and Digital Cross Connects with a Circuit Emulation Network.
- Define and run tests covering appropriate test cases for the assigned call/signaling flows and/or network elements and associated business service features/enhancements.
- Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Aid in the development of progress reports
- Open appropriate defect tickets with all necessary descriptive information in the appropriate defect tracking system(s)
- For in scope production network upgrades, produce tested procedural documentation appropriately detailed for hand-off to Operations
- Serves as subject matter expert for Layer 1 transport and Circuit Emulation
- Serve as the expert for the First Field Application and as needed Tier 4 support
- 8+ years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 6+ years of experience working in engineering network design and management of T1, T3, SONET, DACS, ADM, and DWDM networks
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including OSPF, BGP, BFD, and MPLS)
- 2+ years of experience working on layer 2 networks (Layer 2 Ethernet Transport, SyncE and PTP)
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know Layer 1, 2 and 3 in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies
- Cisco CCNA is required and CCIE preferred required