Working independently, the Principal Network Engineer provides consultation on complex network set up, configuration and support of network infrastructure as well as develops network strategy and maintains all systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Design and implement networking technology delivery systems that are secure and reliable including disaster recovery architecture, operations and highly available server and network architectures
- Oversee the maintenance of all systems, applications, security and network configurations are completed and in compliance
- Oversee complex network administration, including, but not limited to, software updates, patches and configuration are maintained and in compliance
- Oversee completion of installations, configurations, support and maintenance of all active network service devices, telecommunications and LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWan hardware and software based on enterprise priority
- Resolve escalated and complex network service devices; network security devices; and telecommunications services; recommend solutions to mitigate future issues
- Lead large complex projects that develop network infrastructure
- Lead and analyzes research, solutions and recommended tools to develop strategies for increasing infrastructure performance; Oversee implementation of new processes and solutions
- Mentor and train Network Administrators
- Provide leadership and analytical direction to team that drives expected results.
- Provide technical information to complete RFPs / RFIs.
- Plan and execute structured network technology review process.
- Make technical recommendations for technology enhancements based on analysis of systems requirements.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to procedures and services.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of eight years progressive network infrastructure experience
- Specialized expertise in the following systems: network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud environments, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing, switching, data privacy, security and telecommunication systems is necessary
- Expert in network services availability, performance, and security required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary
- Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Expert understanding of multiple networking tools such as Nmap, Sam Spade, NetScanTools Pro, SuperScan, NetCat, Ethereal, EtterCap, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump, DSniff, Fport, PsTools, Tlist, Tasklist, and Process Killer, SolarWinds engineering toolset is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, Able to negotiate and present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others in a team environment, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Provide expert level troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information Technology, IT Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is required