Position: Senior Loan Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
- Underwrite high-quality credit narratives in support of new and existing commercial and multi-family loans, which includes analyzing multi-year trends and ratios from financial information, understanding cash flow, performing collateral analysis, running credit reports and analyzing KYC information.
- Underwrite complex home loans and HELOCs for high net worth borrowers.
- Analyze each loan file, ensuring the Loan Approval Worksheet (LAW form), loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and Bank loan program criteria and are accurately documented.
- Review loan files within the company’s paperless system for completeness and proper classification/organization and identify missing documentation or potential problems and generate needs lists for clients, Relationship Managers and Client Services Specialist.
- Reviews applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, investor requirements and bank policies are met and upheld
- Communicate with Relationship Managers, and Client Services Specialist on collecting information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages
- Maintains knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains an open line of communication and correspondence between involved parties. This includes and is not limited to Borrower, Escrow, Title, ELC, RM, CS, Processor, Closer, Funder, Appraisal Desk, Rate Lock Desk, Investor Support Desk and third party vendors.
- Manage loans through closing and funding stage. Work with escrow to satisfy all conditions and coordinate closings
- Ability to meet productivity expectations in a fast paced, high volume environment with pipeline and conditions management, while maintaining good quality and client satisfaction results
- Cross trains other team members, when applicable.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained and the highest possible level
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A high school diploma required (college degree preferred).
- 3 – 5 years of experience in residential processing & underwriting is required, commercial and/or construction loan processing and underwriting suggested but not required.
- Advance computer skills are required.
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.