Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Lead Product Designer
Location: Remote or Charlotte, NC or San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Contract / Contract-to-Hire
The Product Designer partners with Product Management and Engineering on a scrum team to deliver a great customer experience. The Product Designer also works with the bigger design team to ensure the overall end-to-end experience is coherent. Success comes from understanding the customer and business needs, aligning with your partners, simplifying complex processes, producing codable design assets, and ultimately delivering a simple and friendly experience.
Why you’ll thrive here:
You’re a jack of all trades with proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You like solving complex problems with simplicity, and being the design point person in a cross-functional team. You are detail-oriented but also keep the big picture in mind. You look at outside inspirations, have a strong point-of-view and articulate robust design rationales. You know what you can do on your own, and you know when to pull in design reinforcements. You enjoy collaborating with a wide range of product managers, developers, and designers to create the best customer experience. Finally, you are organized and like getting things done. You are energized by shipping and you have clear examples of measurable impact.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Digital servicing experience and product design, including online banking, mobile banking and app, core digital platform features, and global components and navigation
- Delivering great experiences, in partnership with your scrum team and the larger design team, in the areas of: online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
- Creating common UX deliverables including: Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, and Content Decks
- Partnering closely with product managers, scrum masters, developers, researchers, business analysts, and legal/compliance, from aligning on customer and business goals, to managing expectations about design deliverables to shipping the ultimate experience
- Estimating and scoping design work; ensuring design deliverables are done sprint(s) ahead of development
- You will use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Speaking to the details of the design deliverables and user stories, answering questions and resolving ambiguities
- Grooming user stories with the scrum team and identifying design-related user stories in the backlog
- 8+ years of experience Deep background in Interaction Design, Digital design and good appreciation of User research and content Strategy.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating an Outcome Driven Design Appraoch (Metrics, KPI's Outcomes)
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Project Leadership experience
- 5+ years’ experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- 2+ years’ experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience driving design through the full product development cycle (discovery, concepts, prototypes, specs)
- Strong communication skills
- Consistently articulate a strong design rationale
- Experience managing creative design efforts in a complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing vendor delivery including contract negotiation, scoping, writing creative briefs, and problem resolution
- Experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- Expertise with common design tools (e.g., Figma, InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)