Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Term: 5 months
Location: Forth Worth, TX
Our client is looking for a Senior Developer to provide technical leadership in the design, development, testing and support of system and interface with the various airline operation systems.
- Plan, design, develop, test, and document computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluate user requirements for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Consult with business users to identify current operating procedures and clarify system objectives.
- Develop high level and detailed design documentation, system artifacts, flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate system interactions and to describe logical operations involved.
- Analyze, review, and alter program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Write manual for users to describe installation, monitoring and operating procedures.
- Assist users to solve operating problems. Ensure that deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team culture of code walk through.
- Anticipate and act upon issues that arise, providing alternative approaches and solutions. Assist with troubleshooting any deployment or environment related issues.
- Research and develop solutions to complex problems or as specified by the functional needs of the system.
- Oversee installation of hardware and software and provide technical assistance to system users. May install and test program at user site. Monitor performance of system after implementation.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical teams, vendors, business partners, and management.
- Evaluate and create new tools and techniques to facilitate effective development practices.
- Set standards for better programming and software quality.
- Generate, enhance, and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in CS/CE/CIS/MIS/Engineering/Technology or related field plus 5 years of experience in software development plus demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying enterprise applications in the following technologies using Agile or industry standard development methodology:
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Cloud
- Micro Services Architecture, Redis Cache, Kafka, SOAP & Rest Webservices
- Kubernetes, Cloud Experience
- Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Selenium, Mockito, Junit
- Azure DevOps, Jenkins