Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Application Support Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 6 months
- Design and implement automated tooling solutions aimed at automating and optimizing away toil.
- Instantiate Site Reliability Engineering practice igniting the practice, principles, and culture leading by example. Assist in training skilled peer engineers by growing the practice and partnering with peer platform embedded SRE teams.
- Introduce enterprise capabilities, tools, and innovation improving availability in a multi-cloud ecosystem by evolving observability, monitoring, logging, CI/CD integration, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos) introduce continuous improvement, standardization/automation, capabilities to conduct destructive and resiliency testing
- Leverage AIOPS, ChatOps, NoOps, introduce self-healing and autonomic capabilities solving for complex operational and systemic issues with precision including building and training models, automating cognitive processes, leveraging Robotic Process Automation, Unified Communication, and AI/ML to improve availability of products we provide to customers
- Automate key SRE metrics and IT Service Operations processes including customer impact, % availability of critical business flows, SLO/SLI adherence, error budget, automate incident process for IT Service Operations through data integrating with unified communications, alerting/notification systems, and evolve ChatOps to reduce time to recovery.
- Share support responsibilities for critical applications and customer journeys onboarded to SRE including remediation of issues through Agile, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis and introduce continuous improvement solving problems once and for all with the goal of no repeats.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):Proven Technical Expertise with one or more of the following:
- OS and Platform – Linux; Cloud Technologies like PCF, AWS, GCP or Azure; Container platforms like Kubernetes
- CI/CD and Automation: Jenkins, Gitlab, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible,
- Observability and AIOPS: Grafana, Prometheus, ELK or SPLUNK, Jaeger or Zipkin, AppDynamics or Dynatrace, ITRS Geneos
- Operations Tools: ServiceNow, Remedy, IBM Netcool
- AIOPS: Moogsoft, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Frameworks
- Data/Data Structures: Oracle, DB2, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Teradata