Leverage the latest in Cloud technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. This is a Contract position that has the potential to extend into a long-term contract engagement.
Position: Lead Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX (Hybrid, 2 days/week onsite)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather business requirements to develop services for Loyalty products and services.
- Work with Product Owners to guide and lead a development squad.
- Provide Technical guidance to team members and mentor junior developers.
- Perform Application development using Java, React, Angular, HTTP, CSS, XML, JSON, REST, Typescript, SQL languages.
- Provide Test Driven Development.
- Champion and incorporate development standards and CI/CD processes.
- Build and facilitate the integration of DevOps principles into all development.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- Provide guidance and maintain IT hygiene for Loyalty applications.
- Identify and incorporate any new security standards that may be required to protect customer data.
- Resolve Production issues, provide bug fixes and solve identified problems in application code.
- Follow Agile and Scrum software development methodologies during project development and project communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience required.
- 5+ years of experience developing Web applications (Full Stack).
- 3-5 years of experience working on Agile Development teams.
- 1-3 years of experience managing and developing applications hosted in a Cloud Environment.
- Agile and SCRUM Project Methodology. (Required)
- Experience and Familiarity with DevOps concepts. (Preferred)
- Proficient in Java 8 (Required), preferably an Oracle Certified Professional.
- React or Angular 2 and up (Required)
- Experience developing cloud-native apps/services (preferred)
- Development Frameworks: Spring Boot (Required), Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring JMS, Spring Cloud, Microservices, Spring REST, SQL/NoSQL, TDD, Event-Driven framework.
- Development tools/platforms: IntelliJ, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Azure cloud, Kubernetes (Preferred).
- Test automation with Junit, Selenium, and Jasmine frameworks. (Preferred)