Fort Worth, TX company is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join their team for a contract opportunity.
Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Location: Fort Worth, Texas 76155 (on site- tues/weds/thurs)
Required Skills & Experience
- Masters/PhD degree with 3+ years of experience or Bachelors degree with 5+ years of equivalent practical experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc.).
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, Java).
- Practical experience with data extraction, cleaning, and analysis.
- Depth of knowledge in statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Demonstrated aptitude for logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving.
- Ability to view data from different angles to employ feature engineering techniques to better represent models.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in a technical professional environment, in addition to the minimum requirements.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization.
- Practical experience designing, building and deploying machine learning models.
- Experience in using cloud platforms and parallel processing to scale model development/ deployment.
- Domain knowledge in the airline industry.
- Experience working in a consulting role.