Position: Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: Madison, NJ 07940
Term: 3 Months
Business intelligence engineers must be data experts, as they work primarily with databases and different types of software. Often abbreviated as BI engineer, this job involves developing and fine tuning IT solutions. That can include anything from coding to testing to debugging to designing to implementing newly developed tools. A BI engineer spends a lot of time researching and planning solutions for existing problems within the company. BI engineers also are responsible for building OLAP, or online analytical processing. They also work with databases, both relational and multidimensional. BI engineers are often responsible for managing others in the IT department or in the company.
Most BI engineer positions require a degree in computer science or programming and a substantial amount of work experience. As the primary focus of this position is to solve problems, BI engineers must always been mining data and presenting it in an understandable way. They should be capable of creating tables and writing reports on their findings, and they often simplify highly technical language for others in the company.
- Years Exp: 5 - 10.
- Experience: Relies on extensive experience to plan and accomplish tasks
- Good understanding and experience in the core AWS Cloud services.
- Experience planning, designing, developing and documenting migration plans from on-premise to cloud.
- Migrate complex data processing from SQL Server to Snowflake using Spark, Python/Scala , AWS Glue, and Snowpipe.
- Experience in using GIT/AWS code repository.
- Experience/Knowledge in Cloud data warehouse solutions like Snowflake, Redshift , etc.