Position: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Addison, TX onsite 3 days a week
Term: 18 months. Long-term contract to hire opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst that will be supporting a Global application and working day to day with customers and a global team. The application is a home grown system that individuals outside of the Company will not have experience with however, the selected hire will need to have strong SQL experience. The ideal candidate will have more BA experience than PM experience. This individual will provide a high level summary of the overall purpose, scope and objective(s) of the job that explains why the job exists. The Senior Business Analyst position is critical for the team to provide ongoing support to the North American and global markets. The individual's role will include developing a thorough understanding of the business, eliciting detailed requirements, creating use cases, producing effective test cases and providing ongoing support to their customers. The individual should also have experience with testing strategies and be able to write complex SQL Server scripts to validate data. Occasional night and weekend work will be required to support the business during critical times such as year end.
- Very familiar and experienced with software development processes
- Able to work closely with multiple business teams to gain in depth understanding of their business processes end to end related to Client business and come up with solution to address their challenges, including looking for business enhancement and efficiency as possible without losing track of financial or technological risks. To this effect, be able to communicate orally or in written form, clearly and effectively so that business users at various levels are able to understand is very critical
- Very analytical and able to analyze data to understand rules on top of what is provided to come up with an accurate and sensible solution
- Able to document the process and solution in a suitable form so that both business and technical teams can understand and work through it
- Able to collaborate and work closely with technical team to implement the requirements
- Able to perform all forms of QA testing (front end, middleware, back end , integration etc.)
- Proficient in SQL to help with data analysis and adhoc data requests from business
- Provide day to day support to end users which includes researching and resolving issues related to Front Office application. While resolving the issues you will be working with development team closely. 20%
- Provide month end support to North America markets. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL knowledge. 10%
- Facilitate meetings, gather requirements and document business requirements and prepare scenarios using spread sheets, PowerPoints, etc. 20%
- Test bugs and requirements on day-to-day basis. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL practices. 20%
- Acts as subject matter expert on part of Front Office applications and work with different team to ensure a good quality of customer service to end users. 20%
- Validation of data for integrity based on business requirements 10%
Skills & Abilities:
- Education Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related field or comparable work experience.
- Experience 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related IT experience
- Strong communication skills and someone who can present well in meetings
- Hard working focused and enthusiastic individual who can provide consistently high-quality work.
- Experience documenting business functional requirements and use cases, including conducting gap analysis.
- Must be analytical and very detail oriented with strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to elicit business requirements and define technical solutions to business problems.
- Solid understanding of business requirements gathering processes, business process flow, business modeling, business analysis, Data analysis.
- Results-oriented professional with proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, multifaceted, team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and communicate effectively with various groups throughout the organization as well as with 3rd party vendors.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with large scale relational databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Visual Studio/Web version), Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform a plus (basic understanding).