Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
The primary duty of the Business Analyst will be to partner with Business and PMO personnel to generate business requirements, create test planning, test scripts and execution of the test plan. Perform and identify any needed reporting and data analytics in support of the timely execution of the project. The candidate will work with business managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to identify, prioritize and implement solutions to improve efficiency, reduce risk and support new business. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a concern, document a recommended solution, create test scripts, coordinate testing effort with SME’s and QA, and guide the enhancement effort through to completion. These solutions may include process changes, technology enhancements and close coordination with vendors. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter requiring minimal oversight, be results-oriented and have a strong sense of teamwork
- Work with business partners to identify data reporting, systems, or process improvements.
- Provide project support by documenting business requirements.
- Identify business needs.
- Previous experience supporting iManage or legal department preferred but not required.
- Analyze workflows and existing processes/systems.
- Perform business analysis such as documenting business requirements, creating use-cases and functional specifications, and spearheading the effort required to develop those documents.
- Document assumptions, dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Design, execute, and document application testing.
- Document results for communication to affected areas.
- Represent the Department by serving as a key contact for the business unit, technical vendor(s), and other Subject Matter Experts on the project team.
- Develop data reports, extracts, and analyses.
- Support ad-hoc requests
- Create reusable/refreshable queries using MS Excel, MS Access, or MS Query
- Develop moderately-complex queries requiring data transformation and normalization.
- The ability to manipulate Excel, CSV, and other types of data.
Support prioritization of work requests:
- Identify business partners’ urgent and long-term needs.
- Advocate for business partners during prioritization processes.
- Maintain up-to-date priority and planning decisions in department tracking applications.
- Work with the project team to document needed testing for all scope items
- Create test scripts for all process and system enhancements.
- Work with vendors and internal teams to coordinate reporting of identified issues and document/report retesting results.
- Coordinate testing efforts with QA.
- Assist in creating mapping documentation from vendor files into the company’s system of record.
- Assist management to evaluate vendor data that may require mapping of vendor pricing data
- Analyze and present data utilizing CSV, Tableau, and Excel formats, utilizing pivot tables and other Excel functions.
- Recommend solution options with clear and concise language appropriate for each audienceProvide regular, clear, and concise status updates to business partners and management
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of business analyst experience in financial services, banking, or a similar environment
- Ability to operate in a "roll up your sleeves" entrepreneurial environment without a large infrastructure. Makes things happen with available resources.
- Ability to successfully meet goals in a highly fluid working environment
- Tactful and effective communication and influencing skills in difficult situations
- Take initiative and use good judgment to make sound decisions
- Process and deadline-oriented
- Results-oriented leadership
- Compliance and REG E regulation experience/orientation
- Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to forge effective working relationships with a variety of personalities is a must
- Effective skill-building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
- Strong problem-solving skills are a must
- Knowledge and experience in banking/financial services regulatory compliance
- Experience monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators
- Experience establishing processes and methodologies for preventative actions
- Ability to be detail-oriented and handle multiple tasks concurrently is a mustFlexibility and ability to change direction quickly is a must
- Proven success in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.