This international financial services industry leader has immediate full-time needs in Cary, NC for Senior Big Data Engineers. Requires working onsite at least 2 days per week in a hybrid working model. This is an engineering focused organization striving for the highest quality architecture, design, and code. You will help to build Research MIS and Data analytics systems while working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Consult on improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Ensure architecture supports business requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, evaluate, and refine stories.
- Build reliable software that is easy to support in production and design, and develop high-quality and easily maintainable code.
- Design, implement, and test solutions, providing support through the production process.
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, and Spark.
- Experience building enterprise applications using Java, Scala, and operating systems, such as Unix.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with Apache Ecosystem, including Spark, Python, Hive, and Hadoop strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of TeamCity (or similar) tool for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and columnar Database Management System (DBMS), preferably ClickHouse.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience preferred.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.